Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The First Point

Time for a revamp, methinks. I told you all, I get bored easily and wouldn't make it past the first week. So now, if I had any readers, they're gone, and I have to start anew. Sorry people.

But anyhow, I'm back. I'm leaving out the parts about my life, too. Something might slip here and there, but for the most part, it's too sensitive to write, and likely awkward to read. I'll be purely FFXI now, with pictures and everything!

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/ArcAdam/Arc090508195630a.jpg[/IMG]

See, there's me. That's my Black Mage, looking smug with himself.

Anyway, the reason for my new lust to blog is this:

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/ArcAdam/Arc090508195630a.jpg[/IMG]

FFXI has a new successor to the throne, and not many people are very excited about it, from what I can tell. Which is absurd, really. Hasn't anyone read Robert Frost? Fire and Ice? On The Beach by Neville Schute (Hope I spelled that right.)

All things, living or dead, die by fire or by ice. In a blaze of glory, or in cold isolation. We all dread how the end will come, will we die forgotten, cold, and lonely, or remembered, painfully, and heroically?

XI's not much longer for this world. Even if the servers never shut down, it will never be in the blaze of glory we want it to be. The economy will crash, no doubt. People quitting will give away gear or sell it for almost nothing, hardly anyone will do Dynamis, limiting the inflow of ancient currency, so relic weapons will be even harder to come accross.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. But FFXI won't die so long as we have a place for it in our hearts. Arcadian is going to see new horizons and lands in FFXIV, bringing with him the valuable experiances of his past adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment